Planning a funeral service and cremation can be a very difficult process for families who have just lost a loved one. But it’s important to provide those who are grieving with a supportive environment in which they can begin to find closure, say goodbye, and come to terms with the loss. We offer a variety of cremation services to meet each individual’s unique needs, from a simple cremation to beautifully personalized funeral services.
The biggest misconception about cremation is that there can't be a funeral service. This is absolutely not the case, and we encourage you to consider holding a funeral service to celebrate the life of the deceased as well.
Choosing cremation is simply an alternative to a traditional burial or entombment and doesn’t exclude you from celebrating and honoring their life. After a cremation has taken place, your loved ones ashes can be brought to your place of worship for a religious ceremony or the funeral home/other facility of your choice for a celebration of life.
After the cremation and funeral service, there are many choices for your loved one’s final disposition:
- Interment means that you'll bury or entomb your loved one's cremated remains. This can be in a family plot, a memorial site, a cremation niche or urn garden, or in a variety of other indoor and outdoor locations. Ask our staff for a detailed list of local interment possibilities.
- Graveside services are similar to those celebrated alongside a traditional ground burial, in which loved ones are present at the burial of the cremated remains and honor the deceased through memorial prayers or other meaningful tributes.
- Scattering allows you to spread your loved one's cremated remains in a memorial garden, a cemetery, over water, or across any other meaningful site. You also can choose to scatter some of the cremated remains and retain the rest in an urn for interment or another form of disposition.
- Placing cremated remains in multiple urns allows family members who are separated by distance to each feel the comfort of having their loved one's final resting place in a nearby location.
Our Direct Cremation Package Includes:
- Professional services of the funeral director and staff.
- Transportation of the deceased from the place of death, to the funeral home, and from the funeral home to the crematory.
- An alternative container for the deceased (which is required by the crematory).
- Filing for a permit and death certificates.
- A temporary container to hold your loved ones ashes.
- Notification to Social Security and the V.A.
- The Crematory Fee.
We're proud to do our part in honoring our country's veterans. Our duty is to provide you and your family with professional and dignified assistance during your time of need, and we promise to support you in honoring your loved one for their dedication and selfless service.
Military funeral honors are free of charge for honorably discharged veterans. The funeral home will need the veteran’s DD-214, or discharge papers. Eligible members include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve.
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under honorable conditions.
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under honorable conditions.
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
Eligible veterans are entitled to the folding and presenting of the American flag to the next of kin and the playing of Taps by a bugler. These honors are performed by an honor guard detail that consists of at least two members of the Armed Forces. One member must be a representative from the branch in which the veteran served, and this member will be the individual who presents the flag.
Honors also can include:
- A three-volley rifle salute to represent duty, honor, and country
- The U.S. flag draped over the casket or accompanying the urn
- A final salute
In addition to coordinating honors related to the service itself, we can help you communicate with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to arrange for:
- Headstones or markers: The VA provides headstones and markers for the graves of veterans anywhere in the world and for eligible dependents of veterans buried in national, state, or military cemeteries.
- Burial in a VA national cemetery: This includes the gravesite, opening and closing of the grave, a vault, and perpetual care.
Green Funeral Services
For those who want to be more environmentally friendly with their end-of-life decisions, we offer green funeral services. This way, you can honor your loved one’s life while reducing their environmental impact. A green funeral service may be right for your loved one if they were an avid nature lover, worked in an environmental science field, or were passionate about living an eco-friendly lifestyle.
To learn more about our green funeral services, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We offer multiple online payment options to help lessen the financial burden on your family during this difficult time. Talk to a member of our staff if you have any questions or need more information.
- eChecks, or ACH payments, let you transfer funds directly from your bank account to pay for services. It’s fast, secure, and saves you money on credit card fees.
- We accept payments online via all major credit cards — Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Use our online payment platform to easily and securely pay by credit card today.
- We offer crowdfunding for funeral services, memorial funds, and more. With all the features of other major crowdfunding sites and less fees, crowdfunding on our website is a great option for your family. Talk to a member of our staff to start a crowdfunding campaign today.
- We work with multiple lenders across the U.S. to get you the most competitive lending rates. Viewing the offers available to you doesn’t affect your credit, so you can see all the options you have for loan amounts and repayment terms.
- If your loved one has a life insurance policy you want to use for funeral expenses, talk to us. We can get a portion of your claim funded immediately instead of waiting 30-90 days for the insurance companies to pay out. We’ll also handle all the paperwork!